Friday, January 11, 2008

KNOCKED UP

Definitely not a movie I would have chosen to go see. Actually, my 20 year old son gave the DVD to my husband for Christmas. Yucky...or was it....?

Hubby put the movie on, and I did not intend to watch it. I ended up watching the whole thing. I laughed out loud. I groaned with disgust. I cried at how miraculous a new little baby is. I'm really annoyed at how much I enjoyed this movie. I kinda wanna keep that a secret, but I choose to sacrifice my reputation for the sake of the blog.

The movie stars Katherine Heigl and Seth Rogen. After a one night stand, she finds out she's pregnant. She's a driven career girl, he's a...well, a loser. Its actually a sweet story of two completely different people (different morals, different goals, different backgrounds, etc) trying to do the right thing after an irresponsible mistake. Definitely not for the kids - there's plenty of bad language, and sexual and drug references. Like I said, this is not the kind of movie I usually choose, but there's worse out there.

No comments: